Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Movie Review: V/H/S/94 (2021)

tonight's feature: V/H/S/94 (2021) on Shudder
.
night 47
#31NightsofHalloween

V/H/S/94 is a messy anthology of found footage horror, the fourth in the series of V/H/S films. It's oddly charming and pitifully schlocky at times, but there are a few moments of brilliance mixed in. If you have a high tolerance for watching movies seemingly shot on 1990s technology (and loads of what I like to call HORROR PATIENCE) you might be the perfect target audience for this kind of throwback claptrap. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. Some of the shorts worked better than others, some I was surprised by and some were like ripping a band-aid off over and over. It's hard to rate a film like this since it's multiple writers and directors, but if I was rating only the parts I liked, I'd give it 7.9 exploding vampire bloods out of 10, but since I can't, I have to give it 6 vhs static overlays out of 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment