Thursday, November 18, 2021

Movie Review: The Pale Door (2020)

tonight's feature: The Pale Door (2020) on Shudder
.
night 49
#31NightsofHalloween


Watching a movie like The Pale Door gave me hope. The hope that even I could poop out a movie someday, and no matter how terrible, someone out there would watch it and say "hey, that was ok." That is unlikely what people are saying about The Pale Door, however. I feel like I am pretty generous with my reviews, for the most part. I know these people put a lot of heart and soul and money into their movies. But it might make more sense to put some quality control in there somehow, somewhere, if you're going to make an actual movie.

What I'm trying to say is this movie is bad. Bad like a horrible fart caught inside some rotten food that was forgotten in a hot car filled with dirty diapers, parked in a garbage dump next a manure lagoon. It was so bad I'm not even going to justify talking about the details of the plot and acting and set design or costume design. Just watch it if you dare. Honestly if I say it's that bad, someone will watch it and say it was pretty good, but only because I set the bar so low beforehand. My point is, you should avoid this movie unless you need some background noise in your room so mom doesn't realize you've snuck out of the house. This was by far the worst of the films I have seen during my Halloween run. Worst than that Rocky Dennis Mask movie I hated as a kid. This movie made me want to not watch any more movies, ever. But I can't let the bad guys win. 0 witches in the old west out of 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment