Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Movie Review: Terrified (2017)

tonight's feature: Terrified (2017) on Shudder
.
night 20 #31NightsofHalloween


Terrified was a damn near perfect film. Sure, the plot could have gone in a slightly different direction and resolved more coherently, but I thought the entire movie was stellar. Plus, I could work on my Spanish comprehension while reading the subtitles!

Creepy and disturbing and full of frights, Terrified focuses on three paranormal investigators trying to research a severely haunted neighborhood in Buenos Aires. Each one sets up in one of three disturbed houses and pretty quickly you figure out they should not have split up the gang. I won't ruin the rest but I simply couldn't get enough of this story. There's already talk of Guillermo del Toro doing a remake and writer-director Demián Rugna has already been working on a sequel. Stoked. 9 dead children back for breakfast out of 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment