Saturday, October 21, 2023

Movie Review: Insidious: Chapter 3 (2015)

the horror continues... 10 nights till Halloween!
.
tonight's feature: Insidious: Chapter 3 (2015) on DVD

Man, I tried. I watched Insidious and Insidious: Chapter 2 and they did little for me in terms of scares or storyline. I wanted to like Chapter 3 but again I am left out alone in "the further" with nothing to warm my entertainment balls but these dream warrior sequences, which always leave me feeling flat.

A prequel to the other movies, Chapter 3 finds Elise Rainier, semi-retired demonologist, trying not to get involved in evil spirit mumbo jumbo yet again. But of course that can't happen, because we've got to set up these later stories. Evil demons are attaching themselves to this girl and Elise has to jump into the netherworld or whatever to try and stop all of this. It's very dangerous and should be very frightening but it's all I can do to follow along without nodding off. I don't know, I just can't. 6 ghost moms coming to rescue you inside the dreamlike netherworld out of 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment