Sunday, October 15, 2023

Movie Review: Halloween Party (2019)

the horror continues... 16 nights till Halloween!
.
tonight's feature: Halloween Party (2019) on Prime

(SPOILERS?) How can the movie with literally the dumbest premise ever entertain me the most? Halloween Party sets us up for disappointment with the idea that a holiday internet meme, forwarded via email, with 8-bit pumpkins and ghosts, asks you to input your worst fear in 30 seconds or it will curse you and make that fear real? I was shaking my head... until our two protagonists realized it was REAL! And they found out there were freakish, deformed hospital patients trapped under their dorm rooms! Who were making the meme somehow? BUT WAIT! One college bro poops with the door open and dies on the shitter!

Ok, the ending was bad too, as well as the acting, plus all the college bros... oh and the dialogue. But there was some real promise in there and dammit, I was rooting for it. Maybe it reminded me of Halloween III, I don't know. Just make sure to enter your worst fear or you'll be eaten by a pig person, or mauled by a bear, or choking on a big mac. 5 vagina spiders out of 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment