Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Movie Review: The Monster (2016)

the horror continues... 14 nights till Halloween!
.
tonight's feature: The Monster (2016) on Max

The Monster had me wondering what the hell I'm doing with my life. Not in a thoughtful, introspective way, but more like "why are you watching these terrible movies?" kind of way. Granted, I probably couldn't write a competent horror script or make a movie half as compelling as this clunky, annoying creature feature, but I'm not tossing entire film budgets down the drain either.

Basically a mother and daughter who hate the living daylights out of each other are stranded on a desolate, forest road after an accident involving a wolf. A mechanic finally arrives and we find out a strange and malicious creature is hunting them. Not exactly a cool and scary one, however, more like a beastly Gorn ala Star Trek. It seems kinda dangerous but the mom keeps escaping, for a while anyways. Some people liked this movie, but I thought it was kinda like watching a constipated cat try to poop. Whatever. 4 traumatic childhoods out of 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment