Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Movie Review: Drag Me to Hell (2009)

the horror continues... 20 nights till Halloween!
.
tonight's feature: Drag Me to Hell (2009) on Prime

Any fan of Sam Raimi will probably tell you Drag Me to Hell is one of his best. Is it horror? or comedy-horror? or dark comedy? I can't be 100 percent sure, but I definitely don't want to be eating while watching this puke-fest. Lots of puke, gross outs and body parts going into mouths, enough to give you a serious case of heebie-jeebies. The story was ok, it reminded me of a Twilight Zone episode where someone gets cursed and spends the rest of the time trying to remove said curse, except this curse comes with an extra dose of kicking, punching and puking old ladies and corpses and evil spirits. Even if I wasn't aware of Sam Raimi this movie had plenty of scenes to remind me of The Evil Dead, which already gives it bonus points. It felt a little long in the tooth but I'd still give it 9 old lady dentures that shouldn't look so nasty out of 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment