Monday, December 6, 2021

Movie Review: Wrong Turn (2003)

tonight's feature: Wrong Turn (2003) on Blu-ray
.
night 63
#31NightsofHalloween


Fun fact: I expected to be ho hum on the original Wrong Turn. But I ended up digging it more than most flicks. Maybe the concept more than the execution: kind of a West Virginia, inbred hillbilly, deep-woods, chainsaw-ish-sort of massacre. I mean, I knew the watch tower was going to be set on fire as soon as they climbed up into it, the kids spent 30% of the film hiding underneath stuff looking at feet, and some of the story was a little hokey... but I was here for it. Also here for some Queens of the Stone Age early jams on the soundtrack. We'll see how it holds up as I dig into the next 5 sequels. 7.5 jars full of human meat in your hillbilly fridge out of 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment