Sunday, September 3, 2023

Movie Review: Smile (2022)

the horror continues... 58 nights till Halloween!
.
tonight's feature: Smile (2022)


Some people complained that Smile is derivative and lifts too much from It Follows, The Ring and Final Destination. I don't review films for a living so I didn't even notice, but Smile had enough evil weirdness going on to get me through the slow build up. Eventually I hit the "what in the actual F?" payoff point and was thoroughly engrossed.

There was an unfortunate cat incident (R.I.P. Mustache!), but if you can get past the you're-cursed-and-gonna-die-next premise you just might dig this well paced, disturbingly effective and ultimately freaky supernatural movie. They're already working on a sequel. 8 rows of teeth inside your unearthly skinless skull out of 10.