Thursday, October 27, 2022

Movie Review: Barbarian (2022)

the horror continues... 4 nights till Halloween!
.
tonight's feature: Barbarian (2022) on HBOmax

Depending on your tastes, Barbarian is either the best new horror movie you've seen or just another ho-hum, overrated affair. I can't comprehend the latter because I absolutely loved this movie. I was lucky enough to have a friend warn me in advance not to read any spoilers and I think that made a difference. So if you haven't yet, then definitely don't.

Without ruining the plot entirely, Barbarian is basically a sordid tale of what could go horribly wrong with that quaint little Airbnb you booked. But it's also a film where you might stand up in a theater and shout things like "DON'T DO IT!", "WHAT THE F****!" or "AW HELL NAW!" before covering your eyes with your hand.

Despite what seemed like a slow start, Barbarian has you thinking you know what's up before turning the entire story on its head. For that alone it should get an academy award, but what do I know? 10 bottles of milk out of 10.




No comments:

Post a Comment