Saturday, August 18, 2018

when the staff goes ‘hood’, you have to fight back ‘hood’

Dream from this morning:

I was working in food service at some DC area restaurant. Not sure what my job was exactly, but I had to wear a white chefs outfit. There was an Asian woman who called out orders and her accent was so thick I would correct her mispronunciations. On this day she was fed up and told the boss. An angry woman came by and told me “2nd and final verbal warning” followed by a stern look. I said something about having a sense of humor but that was met with another dirty look. 

Next we are at a big meeting. In the middle of a pep talk, one of the chefs starts berating me. He tells me I should just “Shut up. shut up forever” which gets big laughs from the group.

In the last part of the dream, Trump turns up and allegedly owns the restaurant. He heard I might have been talking critically of him. I order my usual steak for lunch. Trump comes over and tells me I need to eat my lunch with “Valerie Jarrett” and play a game of poker with her afterwards. I sneak off and eat my lunch privately. When I came through the main dining area Valerie Jarrett was there at a table and had finished eating. I started talking to a colleague as Trump walks up. He speaks to Valerie briefly and I exit the room. I go out back behind the building. There is a field of grass with a rusty old car on the far side. Trump is already out there, with his hair blowing all crazy in the wind. It looked like a giant flame that was burning sideways.

I tried to pretend I didn’t see him and started searching for aluminum cans on the ground. He said “I knew you wouldn’t do it” without looking at me. I asked him why he was “such a dick.” He said he had to be tough to make the country tough. Then he said “sometimes, when the staff goes ‘hood’, you have to fight back ‘hood’.”

then I woke up






No comments:

Post a Comment