Sunday, January 9, 2022

Movie Review: I See You (2019)

tonight's feature: I See You (2019) on Prime
.
night 95 #31NightsofHalloween

I See You was proof yet again that solid writing can make or break a film. In this movie, what started out as one thing, swiftly became another and yet another thing over the course of 90-some minutes of shifting perspectives with pretty spectacular results.

Greg Harper and his wife Jackie are on the outs, and he’s just been named lead investigator on a case of a missing local boy. Strange occurrences start to add up and Jackie seems to think it’s their conflicted son Conner acting out. But the truth is much more complicated and sinister, and the movie shifts narratives to devastating effect. Unfortunately I can't reveal much more without ruining this epic story.

It’s been a while since I’ve been that surprised at a few movie twists and I just want them all to be that good. 9 green pocketknives out of 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment