Wednesday, May 20, 2020

dream: mom turned into a cat, two petes, uncle dave & the paper wafer ritual

dream from this morning:

 i found a postal truck that was unlocked.  on the dash was a wallet and passport that belonged to my uncle dave. he showed up and i gave him a hard time about it. we drove the truck to a crowded restaurant. everything was woodgrain brown in color. they sat us in the back, where everyone was smoking. i started smoking also, while my uncle flirted with a few big hairdoo ladies.

eventually we leave to go see my mom. when we get there, mom has a cat nose instead of a human nose. i ask what happened and she doesn't understand. i try to take a photo of it with my phone but it doesn't show up. everyone just thinks i'm being silly.

mom and i jump into a pod car and uncle dave jumps into a different pod car. we drive over a large overpass. there is an accident behind me. at first i think it's my uncle but it turns out it was two guys named pete, one from my college days and another from a band i know.

we finally arrive at jason rich's house. mom is in a wheelchair and bundled up in a blanket. i introduce my mom to jason and she doesn't say anything. just starts shaking her tail. (?)

jason has his nephew on his lap. the kid has a big wafer of paper in his mouth. jason is trying to get it out using a large white envelope. i ask why he doesn't just reach in the mouth and remove it? he tells me it's part of his religious tradition and shows me the candles: tall blue and white candles in bunches of 4 around a large circle. what?

i turn back to my mom and she has completely turned into a cat now. a 20 lb orange and black calico. she slides off the wheelchair and onto the floor. suddenly she sprints out the door. i run after her. when i get outside, i see the house is a brick ranch style with a side driveway and carport. mom (the cat) is hiding near a bush. i pick her up and tell her "it's not safe out here for you as a cat" and take her back inside.

i can't remember anything after that.

the end?







No comments:

Post a Comment