Tuesday, August 13, 2019

lost car, parakeets, or mind?

dream:

it's dark outside. i'm at some business. i can't tell if it's a cat shelter or a goodwill type of store or what, but there is a big parking lot that wraps around the entire building. my car (named "Miles") is parked out front. after leaving the business i am back out front, looking for Miles. there is a different car in the spot where i parked. i am walking and walking and can't find it. i'm assuming i left the doors unlocked somehow and someone took it.

after what seems like an eternity, someone yells and points towards the nearby interstate. "hey!" there is a black car off in a ditch with the blinkers on. Miles! i bring the car back to the parking lot and go back inside. i'm recounting the story about how someone had taken my car with the people inside. i finally go to leave and the car is gone again. i am walking around the parking lot again with the key fob pressing the alarm button. nothing. this also goes on for an eternity. eventually i look down and realize i have a key fob i don't recognize, for someone else's car.

at last, my wife shows up. at this point i need to get home to feed the pets. i know we have cats and birds but i can't remember if i have parakeets at home, or if i have fed them. i feel like i need to get home to make sure they're ok. my wife informs me that i can't leave. that i have to stay here now for an undetermined amount of time. she basically doesn't believe me about the car being missing or the parakeets being at home. it occurs to me that i have something wrong with my mind and i am unable to think or speak properly. the rest of the dream drags on with me searching the parking lot forever until i finally wake up.

the end?
















No comments:

Post a Comment